Thursday, March 10, 2011

30 Day Project- Day 8

Today's Topic- Describe your perfect date

Anytime I hear this line I immediately think of Miss Rhode Island from Miss Congeniality who gets that question in the pageant and talks about April 25th or whatever "since you just need a light jacket." Its a great line, comic gold I guess they'd say. But I digress....
There are so many types of dates; blind, double, first, etc. To me that perfect date would be some thing that would be fun (of course) and would allow you to get to know your date on a "deeper level". Cheesy I know, but really isn't that the idea of a date? Even if you've been with the person for a while there's still things that you can learn about them, right?
Instead of describing some vague day I think I'll just tell of a date that sticks out in my head even years later. First we went to a local "fun center" and played games. Mini-Golf, air hockey, go-carts, video games, laser tag. I think its always fun to throw in a little healthy competition into a relationship. This is the perfect solution. Then we grabbed some dinner. Food is ALWAYS key to a great date. LOL.
Regardless of what it is, fine dining or hot dog stand, there is something about food that opens up a conversation. Food and adult beverages, that is :). Although at the time I was under age so I don't think that particular date included the beverages but still had good conversation. We then went to see a movie. Can't even remember what we saw but movies are always high on my list of a good time.

So I guess I'd say dinner and a movie is a great date. I'm pretty easy when it comes to dates, as long as I get to hang out with my hubby I don't really care what we are doing.
How about you? What do you like to do when out with your significant other?