Saturday, November 13, 2010

secret mommyhood confession saturday

So a few of the blogs I follow are doing a secret mommy-hood confession thing on Saturday and I thought it would be fun to play along. See their confessions here...  http://www.makemommygosomethingsomething.com/   and   http://notsuperjustmom.blogspot.com/

They are some pretty funny ladies.... but anyway.. back to me :)


Today I would like to confess that I love a good sappy/cheesy romance novel. I know that I shouldn't, that there are so many better choices out there. And I will say that I do read other things like non-fiction and what not (you know- the non sleazy books) as well, but there's something about a good love story that makes me smile.
Yes, some do include S. E. X. but sometimes they are "classy" love stories. (If there is such a thing...). I think deep down I just like to know that love can conquer all. Good vs. Evil. All that happy feel good stuff. I know I should be ashamed but you know what, I'm not. LOL.
There are thousands of you out there that make this a billion dollar industry so I know I'm not alone. Especially since I don't actually buy these books. That's what the library is for. And my girlfriends/mom/sis in law. :)
So there it is... *deep breath of relief*  I am a romance novel reader.

Is there anything you'd like to confess???!?!?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am right there with you Ali!!!! Maybe I live in a fantasy, but I love reading about how true love exists for others..since I am a cynic when it comes to my own life. My name is Michelle, and I'm a cheesy romance novel junkie!

Post a Comment