Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Pregnancy Brain

There actually is a "thing" called pregnancy brain, I swear, I didn't make it up. Apparently as you gestate your brain swells and you end up retarded. Ok maybe retarded is a little harsh, but really it does suck.
You can't remember anything, there are times when I'll be in the middle of doing something and I TOTALLY FORGET WHAT I'M DOING!!!!!!How is that even possible?!? Seriously though, the other day I was making some coffee (decaf, I promise) and I forget to put the damn coffee grounds in the machine. Yup, I made super hot water. The hubs will mention something or ask me to do/get something when I'm out on my travels for the day and when I get home? nope, nada, nothing. Poor guy is starting to thinking I just don't love him.

Not only does pregnancy brain make you stupid, it also makes you want things you normally don't. I can't tell you the amount of pickles I've eaten in the last month. (working on my 3rd jar now) and while I love a good pickle every now and again, I find my self daydreaming about these damn things. But so far I haven't found anything that I find totally disgusting, lucky? maybe, I'll let my final weight gain be the judge.

It could just be that time has faded since the first pregnancy so its possible I don't remember wanting pickles for breakfast or being this dumb so soon. I am just hoping that these will be the "worst" of it and I don't grow another head or something. Only 25 weeks to go.....

1 comment:

The Hodgepodges said...

Oh my gosh it's the worst. I remeber when I was pregnant with Natalia, I almost left the keys in the ignition with the car running... I was about to lock the doors and shut the door when I realized what I had done. Luckily I caught it before I shut that door!! After that I could not stop laughing at myself for like 30 minutes!!

Post a Comment