Lack of motivation has settled in. I haven't been to the gym in 2 weeks, granted was out of country for one of those weeks, but have been back for a week now and still nothing. Luckily I haven't gained any weight in those 2 weeks but I haven't lost any either. My husband is starting to get a little annoyed at my constant scale jumping -every time I go into the bathroom I have to check. I realize it's unhealthy and a stupid obsession but I always do it. Even when I know it's stupid and unhealthy I still jump on the scale. Tell me I'm not the only one?!?! Please?!?!
At least lately I haven't been too down on myself about the changes on the scale. I think I'm doing pretty well considering I haven't been to the gym and my eating habits are reverting. I realized that I am enabling my lack of motivation. I am making excuses. I have lost 25 pounds. This is great. I know that. I really do, but...
But it's a lot more fun eating what you want. I really do enjoy the classes I take at the Y and shockingly I miss them. *GASP*
I don't know why I haven't been going. *MOTIVATION LACKING*
And on top of that we will be moving soon. Not sure where to yet but we will be. Hopefully. Maybe. I have found a few places that I like and could see my family in but I wasn't the smartest, most carefully teenager when it came to finances. Yep, I know, if only I knew then what I know now...
So perhaps the next few weeks will bring motivation on many levels. I suppose you'll just have to say tuned.
1 comment:
Don't measure progress by the scale, especially when you are working out because you may be losing fat and gaining lean muscle. At least that's what I tell myself when I have hit a plateau or my weight has gone the wrong direction :) We all have slumps, the important thing is to just get back on the horse again when you get thrown off. Don't be too hard on yourself. The best motivation I have found is having a friend to workout with on a schedule- then I am accountable to someone other than just myself.
Good luck in your apartment hunting! Hope you find the perfect place for the fam.
Post a Comment