Wednesday, August 25, 2010

house hunting

Can I just say, I hate making decisions. I can never decide what's for dinner, I can never decide what we're doing today. I feel like I'm always making decisions, Big Daddy never EVER makes decisions.... He always says, "It's your world my love, you decide" UGH!!!!! SERIOUSLY!!!! I have to decide everything. I gets very annoying not to mention completely frustrating.

So..... we are moving. Yep, can you tell where this post is headed...? You guessed it. I get to decide on our new house.
First off, let me start with the 3 contenders. House 1 - Brogan. House 2 - Preece. House 3 - Morris Hill.

Brogan is a brand new townhouse. 2 Bed 2 Bath. Very nice upgrades. Appliances included(also washer/dryer). only utilities we are responsible for are gas and power. Brogan has a pool and a club house but not so much in the yard department. As in the only grass is along the walkways. Is kind of on the edge of town so a little inconvenient. Assigned Parking with possibility of garage at later point. Mid-point in budget Pretty good overall. Grade is A-

Morris Hill is also a townhouse. 2 bed 2 bath. Probably 5-10 years old. Most appliances included (also washer/dryer), only thing missing is microwave. Would have to pay gas, water, power. No yard either. no club house. Close proximity to Jeff's work but in a neighborhood that is a bit run down. Assigned parking. Decent overall. Low end of budget Grade B

Preece is a single family home. 3 bed 2 bath. Approximately 15 years old. most appliances included. missing washer/dryer. It has a pretty good size yard with a swing set, shed and garden area. Has 2 car garage. Within walking distance to Jeff's work. high end/a little over budget. Pretty good overall. Grade is A



If you couldn't tell I was leaning towards Preece, Big Daddy on the other hand was leaning towards Brogan. Turns out that they have another party interested in Preece and they are just waiting on a deposit from them. Ok.. so no brainer. Let's go with Brogan. I tell them we'll take it and put some earnest money down to hold the property on Friday. Tuesday afternoon the Preece people call... good news, Preece is available if you want it. YAY!! I do want it. REAAAALLLY badly. Great!! what to do? take Preece which my husband thinks is over our budget and not in our best interest but i LOVE LOVE LOVE or go with the smaller somewhat more affordable townhouse. of course he says "whatever you decide is where I'm living"

U
G
H
!
!
!

I can barely make a decision on whats for dinner. what do I do when it comes to where we will be living.?!?!?!? I have been tossing and turning for 2 days trying to figure out what we are to do. I just don't know. What if we take Preece and something happens and we're over extended? what if we take Brogan and its too small? There's just so many unknowns!! so I put it out to the blogosphere..... Which one would you take. Brogan or Preece?