Looking back on the last 9 months I feel that it has been so long getting here and yet seems like it was just yesterday at the same time.
In a week or so I will have a new baby girl to snuggle with. I can't believe that she is almost here but I have a feeling that the next week is going to be one of the longest weeks of my life. Last week we found out the Jeff gets 2 weeks paid paternity leave that we didn't know about so in addition to the 5 days vacation he was planning on using he gets to hang out with us longer. Plus side- he's around during the day to help take care of Adam and to get my to-do list done. Negative side- he's around during the day. LOL.
We've gotten so much done in the 2 days that he has been off so far. Finally got the computer moved out of Jocelyn's room and set up in the kitchen/dining room. Once that was out we (and by we I mean Jeff, hehehe) were able to move in her dresser and organize her room. We got the bassinet from Jeff's parent's house. Jeff's step-dad built it 20 years ago for Jeff's little sister and all of the grand kids on that side have used that bassinet. Glad to continue the tradition with her. :) Yesterday, I took apart the car seat that was Adam's and gave it a good cleaning. Can't believe how dirty it was. So now it looks like she is officially ready to come home! Whenever she decides that's going to be. lol
So far I haven't had any contractions to indicate that she's going to be coming early. At least I know that if she doesn't come before next week then she's going to be evicted. (Jeff came up with that line and I like it). lol
So this week will be spent hanging around the house finishing up the last minute details and giving everything a good cleaning cuz who knows when the next time I'll feel like cleaning is. lol.
2 comments:
Isn't it exciting to know it's just around the corner? I'm having a hard time being patient, but every time I have a contraction I realize that it's gonna suck before it gets to the fun part. Can't wait to see pictures of your little girl- happy nesting!
i certainly LOL'd at the 'eviction' line, good one jefe! so nice that he gets paid paternity leave for two weeks, super awesome! i'm sure he's sorry that he doesn't get paid to go golfing all day, but it's neat that soon your family unit will be complete and that he's helping out! can't wait to meet adam's baby sister!
Post a Comment